What is Second Language Acquisition (SLA)?
- It is a study of theories and methods of language teaching, learning and assessment
- It provides us an understanding of how children and adults learn a second language
- It helps us design and plan curricula for teaching, learning and assessment in educational contexts
- It motivates us to conduct small-scale experimental research and large-scale longitudinal research
- It is a critical area of theory and practice in the field of applied linguistics
- Provides high quality professional development in Teaching Chinese, Portuguese or English as a second language
- Courses will combine teaching, learning and assessment theory with practice
- Teaching Qualification Option for teachers in Macau secondary schools
- 3 semesters of taught courses and an academic or applied thesis
Why study at University of Macau?
- A world-class team of academic staff
- State-of-the-art teaching and research facilities
- Excellent networking with Macau and international communities
- Great programme to advance careers in Macau and beyond
- Teaching Chinese, Portuguese or English as a Second Language
- In regional secondary schools, colleges and universities
- Overseas schools, colleges or universities
- Advanced career prospects for Macau teachers in schools, educational institutions and government.
- Further studies in Ph.D. programmes to conduct research in applied linguistics.
- Working in the areas of linguistics, language assessment and research methods.
- Other related areas include writing and publishing educational materials, delivering online education and educational administration.